ACTIVE SPEED CONTROL
REDUCE ACCIDENTS | INCREASE SAFETY | ELIMINATE SPEEDING
E-SMART, Transtex’s newly launched Speed and Fuel Management Solution, is bridging the gap between tomorrow’s autonomous truck and today’s equipment. E-SMART’s intelligent system offers fleets an innovative way of improving safety, security, compliance and fuel efficiency through proactive and real-time driver management, fleet monitoring and control. E-SMART takes action for the administrator all while providing online reporting through an intuitive and simple web portal.
“For more than two decades, speeding has been involved in approximately one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities”
– National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
“Speeding violations are arguably the most common reason for traffic stops around the country”
– U.S. Department of Transportation
“FMCSA uses the SMS to prioritize carriers for interventions, focusing on those that pose the highest safety risk. The higher the BASIC percentile, the worse the performance. Carriers with percentiles exceeding acceptable thresholds are prioritized for interventions.”
“…fuel economy typically decreases rapidly at speeds above 50 to 55 miles per hour (mph). For example, when compared to 75 mph, traveling at 55 mph saved 28 percent more fuel while driving at 65 mph saved 15 percent more fuel. [ATRI found] speed limiters to be one of the top fuel-saving technologies currently being employed by fleets.”
– American Transportation Research Institute
REQUEST MORE DETAILS
1. Is this system satellite based, or GPS based?The E-SMART system is GPS based.
2. Is this system compatible with iPhone?The E-SMART system is not currently compatible with iPhone. Android was prioritized as it represents over 80% of the North American market. The iOS (iPhone Operating System) enabled platform will follow after the completion of all features for the Android operating system.
3. What happens if the E-SMART device malfunctions or completely stops working?If the device malfunctions the system will reset to OEM Mode. If the device stops working, the power will be disconnected.
4. Will the E-SMART system allow for higher speeds on the highway?The E-SMART system is customizable to a fleet’s preference. A predetermined maximum speed can be programmed into the system for each posted speed limit.
5. Will the E-SMART system provide a guarantee if a driver receives a speeding ticket?No, the E-SMART system is not responsible for drivers that receive speeding tickets because we cannot foresee any changes that the DOT may make by adding or modifying speed signs on U.S. roads.
6. Will the E-SMART system be responsible if a driver is in an accident?No, the E-SMART system is not responsible for a driver who is accountable for an accident; the system only controls the power available to the throttle. The system does not assume responsibility for driving impairments or collisions.
7. Are there demo videos of E-SMART to see how it work?Videos will be available in early 2018.
8. Is your system compatible with LoJack or other telematics systems? Will you install the product for trial?The E-SMART system is not currently compatible with LoJack or other telematics companies, but the system will be compatible with the most popular telematics systems on the market in the future.